Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Tribute to Granny 5/24/1926 - 9/8/2011

My Granny was one of the most special people in my life. She was one of the most positive people I have ever met. I never heard her say a mean or negative thing about anyone.  The amount of love that she had for people close to her showed. She was always smiling even a few days before she died she still smiled when I went to visit her.  Her smile brightened up a room and touched everyone who saw it. She was a true Lady. Granny was always very put together. Her hair was always done, makeup, nails painted and sparkled with just the right amount of jewelery.  Definitely one of the classiest women I know. Some of the most vivid memories I have are when I was a child. I remember playing board games on the floor with her, eating tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking warm milk before we went to bed, diving in her pool to fetch the rings she would throw in for me, playing outside with a ball and running in the meadow at her old house. She loved to come to my events and cheer me on in diving, soccer, running, choir you name it she was there. Family, friends, and her beloved Alma Mater USC were very important to her.   I was so lucky to have her around to see me get married and to have my first child. I am so blessed that I got to share those huge life experiences with her by my side. She has been very present on my mind lately I don't know if it is because of the holidays or because we are in the process of dividing up her belongings. Whatever it is she has been in my thoughts multiple times a day. It feels weird to celebrate Christmas without her around. I was very fortunate to receive some of her Christmas decorations. Sophie loves them all. To see my little one light up every time she sees them makes my heart melt. I know granny is looking down on us with her beautiful smile enjoying every minute. Granny you were a very special lady and one I will always remember and hold close to my heart. Thank you for always being there and always supporting and loving me.















No comments: